Many times I find myself saying to someone about something we have in common, "It's a small world." Well, not in the Marriage License Department of St. Louis County. I performed three wedding ceremonies in past week where the license was dated September 3, 2010. That means these three couples were standing in line applying for their license for a wedding to take place within 30 days.
I have to keep a record of all the marriages I performed and I get such a joy over seeing the marriage license numbers grow - from a low number is January to over 3,000 in September. The last four numbers of the three licenses I gathered were 3855, 3886, and 3899. The first and second couple were separated by 13 others in line, and the second and third couple were separated by 31 others in line.
I doubt they chatted with each other while waiting for their turn to apply. The world is not small in the Marriage License Department of St. Louis County. Be sure to be patient and kind to the clerk behind the counter. They deal with many couples who do have one thing in common - LOVE FOR EACH OTHER.
