I had fun with a couple who love the number SEVEN !!
Kelly and James were unique and it was to be the EARLIEST ceremony I have ever performed.
They liked the idea of getting married at St Louis' national monument, the Gateway Arch.
So do I - many couples make this their choice of location. As long as the guest count is less than 20 people, you do not have to notify them of the event. No chairs, no music, just LOVE and DEVOTION.
Well, Kelly and James wanted to keep their ceremony in the 'down low'. They did not want to tell anyone about the ceremony - maybe they are shy - who knows! Couples who elope like this do not need to know their witnesses. But at 7:00 in the morning, I was not going to take any chances.
They needed to provide their own witnesses or else stop someone RUNNING that early and the chances of finding two runners - pretty near impossible. They asked their neighbors who were a bit older than them and they turned out to be wonderful !!
Now, I am no photographer, but I wanted to capture a few shots of them since they showed up all dressed up. The morning was beautiful and I was right - only joggers were present now and then. We waited until right at 7:07 am to start the ceremony. I guess they now have a lot of LUCK on their side.
![]() |
| Kelly and James 07-07-07 at 7:07am |
They liked the idea of getting married at St Louis' national monument, the Gateway Arch.
So do I - many couples make this their choice of location. As long as the guest count is less than 20 people, you do not have to notify them of the event. No chairs, no music, just LOVE and DEVOTION.
Well, Kelly and James wanted to keep their ceremony in the 'down low'. They did not want to tell anyone about the ceremony - maybe they are shy - who knows! Couples who elope like this do not need to know their witnesses. But at 7:00 in the morning, I was not going to take any chances.
They needed to provide their own witnesses or else stop someone RUNNING that early and the chances of finding two runners - pretty near impossible. They asked their neighbors who were a bit older than them and they turned out to be wonderful !!
Now, I am no photographer, but I wanted to capture a few shots of them since they showed up all dressed up. The morning was beautiful and I was right - only joggers were present now and then. We waited until right at 7:07 am to start the ceremony. I guess they now have a lot of LUCK on their side.
![]() |
| Congratulations! |

