| The Street Corner Where Sean Proposed |
I have never been asked to perform an elopement ceremony for a couple on a street corner. But that is exactly what I did for Michelle + Sean who asked to meet at Olive Street and Grand Boulevard in the heart of Grand Center in St. Louis MO. It was in the middle of the afternoon in September so the weather was hot.
I parked my car on the closest side street. We met in the shade since is was so hot. I saw a quiet space off the sidewalk in the shade, but the couple was determined to do it at Olive and Grand. Michelle asked two of her girl friends to witness and no one else was in attendance. Unless you count the multitude of people getting on and off at the nearby bus stop. While I was performing the ceremony, a loud conversation was going on between a small group of women walking by who did not even notice we were there, and why should they?
We were literally at the street corner where cars were also whizzing by and the sounds of the city were all around us. This is the location where Sean proposed to Michelle on New Years Eve when this street corner is usually closed for the First Night Event. What a magical night that must have been.
| Michelle + Sean and Witnesses |