Backyard or home weddings are my favorite type of ceremony to officiate. I have stood in front of fireplaces, arbors, windows, and even televisions in the living room, dining room, deck, basement, garden, poolside and dockside.
Driving to Columbia, Illinois takes me about 30 minutes to travel and one cannot beat the beautiful road trip. Jingwan and Vito were to be married at the parents of the groom's home located 5-6 miles outside of Columbia.
 |
| Jingwan and Vito |
I had no problem finding the house. I do not use a GPS system because they can be unreliable. I study a map the old fashioned way using Google Maps to be sure I know exactly where I'm going in case of road closures or other surprises with traffic.
 |
| The Ceremony Site |
The ceremony was in the front yard and they had various chairs and two church pews acting as the front row. WOW !! The ceremony was short, sweet and simple. The guests moved to the back yard for the reception and I took off for the next event. The ride out gave me a chance to see the beauty of my surroundings.
 |
| Harvest Time in the Fields |
 |
| Corn, Corn, Corn Everywhere |