I just received the nicest review from Michelle and Doug who wrote a review of my Wedding Officiant services on TheKnot.
We had just over a week to quick-plan our wedding ceremony in St. Louis. We were coming into town for the FIRST FRC Robotics World Championship (we mentor Team 2974 - Walton Robotics, from Marietta GA), and had been granted the blessing of a ceremony in the Edward Jones Dome, down on the event floor.
We had plans (vague though they may have been) for the staging, the venue was locked in, but we needed an officiant who would suit the sensibilities of all involved, and wanted a short and beautiful secular ceremony.
I called around, and Carolyn, I must say, jumped to the top of the short list the moment we spoke! Her charm and enthusiasm were, frankly, not only infectious but also heartening (I was the stereotypical clueless and harried groom, so I had no idea how really anything worked)! Her rates were extremely reasonable, and she assured us that she could officiate over a small and beautiful ceremony for us.
Boy, did she deliver!
Our ceremony was brief but sparkling and sentimental - she chose the perfect words and vows for us, held our hands (sometimes literally) throughout, and did everything she could, above and beyond our expectations, to ensure that our blessed event went off without a hitch.
Despite us contracting for simple services, she went above and beyond to bring us across the finish line! Every expectation was exceeded, every attendee impressed and amazed, and we were so very happy that she could share in, and kick off, our new lives! The amount of assistance and coordination she provided was absolutely astounding!
What an amazing woman, what an amazing service, what an amazing event!
Carolyn Burke is, I feel comfortable asserting, the right person for your own epic ceremony.
Thanks, Carolyn, from Michelle and me, from the bottom of our hearts, for making our very special day even more spectacular than ever we could have imagined or dared to dream!
We had just over a week to quick-plan our wedding ceremony in St. Louis. We were coming into town for the FIRST FRC Robotics World Championship (we mentor Team 2974 - Walton Robotics, from Marietta GA), and had been granted the blessing of a ceremony in the Edward Jones Dome, down on the event floor.
| First Robotics Competition |
| FIRST FRC Robotics World Championship |
| My View of the Ceremony Stage |
I called around, and Carolyn, I must say, jumped to the top of the short list the moment we spoke! Her charm and enthusiasm were, frankly, not only infectious but also heartening (I was the stereotypical clueless and harried groom, so I had no idea how really anything worked)! Her rates were extremely reasonable, and she assured us that she could officiate over a small and beautiful ceremony for us.
Boy, did she deliver!
Our ceremony was brief but sparkling and sentimental - she chose the perfect words and vows for us, held our hands (sometimes literally) throughout, and did everything she could, above and beyond our expectations, to ensure that our blessed event went off without a hitch.
| Michelle and Doug |
What an amazing woman, what an amazing service, what an amazing event!
Carolyn Burke is, I feel comfortable asserting, the right person for your own epic ceremony.
Thanks, Carolyn, from Michelle and me, from the bottom of our hearts, for making our very special day even more spectacular than ever we could have imagined or dared to dream!
| Cutting The Cake - Looked Like a Huge Bagel |
| Keep Calm and Build Robots |
| Prop Used for a Grand Exit from the Stadium |