I am starting to see CARNATION flowers come back into the scene in bouquets and corsages.
Hurray !!
I had never seen carnations grouped together before without any other flowers to steal their thunder. They were always used as a filler and almost always paired with baby’s breath. Who knew that they had such power in numbers?
Not only do they look fabulous ‘en masse’, they’re inexpensive, hearty and they last a long time. What more could one ask from such a sweet and humble flower?
To stretch the budget and give today's brides the lush, full look they desire, I recommend mixing roses with carnations. Be sure to have the carnations FLUFFED OUT by hand to realize the flower's true fullness potential. In fact, so popular are these humble blooms, roses are being bred to look more like carnations!
Check out IntimateWeddings.com for more ideas and convincing.
Hurray !!
| Carnation + Rose Bridal Bouquet |
Not only do they look fabulous ‘en masse’, they’re inexpensive, hearty and they last a long time. What more could one ask from such a sweet and humble flower?
To stretch the budget and give today's brides the lush, full look they desire, I recommend mixing roses with carnations. Be sure to have the carnations FLUFFED OUT by hand to realize the flower's true fullness potential. In fact, so popular are these humble blooms, roses are being bred to look more like carnations!
Check out IntimateWeddings.com for more ideas and convincing.